October 22-23, 2020
(Welcome Reception, October 21)
TWA Hotel at JFK Airport | New York City
Hear what Dr. Carnahan and other top clinicians want from their supplement vendors in this in-depth lecture from our 2018 event.
In this month’s video, we share highlight’s from HPC’s 5th annual Practitioner Channel Forum. Proving product quality and engendering practitioner trust were core themes at this year’s Forum. Industry experts weigh in on the vital importance of quality and integrity for practitioner-focused brands.
• Michael D. Levin, Principal, Health Business Strategies:
“Competition will be fought on the battlefield of quality”
• Erik Goldman, Editor, Holistic Primary Care:
What practitioners consider the most decisive factors when evaluating supplement products for their patients
• Yadim Medore, Founder, Pure Branding:
“This whole sector is basically undifferentiated. Very few brands really have distinction.”
• Duffy Mackay, ND, Senior VP of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Council for Responsible Nutrition:
Is the practitioner channel truly different? Are professional-only brands immune to the reputation challenges affecting retail?
In this week’s video update: A Special Report from the Integrative Healthcare Symposium 2017. TPC Update caught up with integrative medicine thought-leaders to find out what’s on their minds.
• John Weeks—“Evidence-Based Medicine Denies the Most Fundamental Evidence”
• Todd LePine, MD--Understanding the “Gut-Heart Connection:” It’s not what you eat…it’s what you feed that really matters
• Hyla Cass, MD--Preventing & Reversing Alzheimer’s Disease
• Steven Sisskind, MD-- RealDose Nutrition & the quest for evidence-based supplementation
• Karen Howard—Organic & Natural Health Association helps practitioners “walk their talk”
In this week’s video update: What Can the Natural Products Industry Expect from the Trump Administration?
• “Repeal & Replace”…..with What?
• Practitioner Groups Cautiously Optimistic on HSA’s
• FDA & FTC: Deregulate…at Our Own Risk
• The Trump-Kennedy Vaccine Bromance
• Which Will Win: Demographic Trends vs “Alternative Facts”?
In this week’s video update: Medicine X Brings “Disruptive Co-Creation” to Healthcare
• Where Does Real HC Innovation Come From?
• Leveling Medicine’s Hierarchies
• People, Not “Patients”
• Why Hippos Make the Best Team Leaders
• The Gutenberg Smartphone
In this week’s video update: Restless Regulators Make Rash & Wreckless Moves
• Making Sense of the FDA’s New NDI Guidance
• Arrivaderci, Cousin Vinnie-pocetine
• DEA Bans—then Un-Bans--Kratom
• FTC Loses its Mind About Brain Training
• Scientific American Calls Out FDA’s Media Mischief
In this month's video update:
In this week’s video update:
• Highlights of the NBJ Summit: Continued Growth, Continued Challenges
• Consumer Confidence Leaves Room for Improvement
• State Attorneys General Are Quiet….For the Moment
• Lee Hood, MD: Healthcare’s Future is in the Clouds
• Harken Hearkens Back to a Kinder Gentler Congress
Plus . . . Kudos to our NBJ Award-winning friends!
In this week’s video update:
• Functional Medicine: Big Consumer Demand, Big Practitioner Challenges
• How many doctors are dispensing supplements?
• The rising influence of nutritionists & health coaches
• Oxycontin marketing on trial in Kentucky
• A Practitioner-only brand makes peace with Amazon retailing